The Ultimate Guide to Custom Wedding Dance Floors
Your wedding ceremony has finished, and now it’s time for the reception. Everyone is ready to enjoy a perfectly catered meal, heartfelt toasts from friends and family, and dance the night away. The finishing touches on these pieces are what make an evening truly unforgettable. That goes for your dance floor as well as your wedding cake and flowers!
You can find hundreds of guides for planning your wedding, but not nearly as much focus is put on dance floors. To help you get started, we’ve put together the ultimate guide to wedding dance floors.
When planning your wedding dance floor design, you’ll want to carefully consider the space you’re working in. While custom wedding dance floors can work in almost any location, there may be some restrictions you’ll want to consider. Some important questions to ask include:
- Where is your reception being held? Are there any restrictions on dance floors?
- How big is the space the dance floor will be in?
- Where is it located in relation to seating, food, music, and other important areas?
- What are the available lighting options?
- Will it be used for purposes besides dancing?
Although a custom wedding dance floor may seem like a luxury item for your wedding, it’s surprisingly achievable! Costs can start as low as $3,000. Ultimately, the final price tag for a custom dance floor depends on the following factors:
- Size: A smaller custom dance floor is less expensive than a larger one, but keep in mind that a dance floor doesn’t need to be as big as you think! Even a 16’x16’ floor is plenty large for your average wedding.
- Design: The more elaborate the design, the higher the cost. A custom dance floor is a blank canvas for your imagination, but you don’t have to fill the entire thing to make a big impact. Simple, classic designs like monograms make a big impact on a small budget.
- Luxury finishes: Full-color imprint, unique sizes and shapes, or metallic touches will capture your guest’s imagination. They may add to your final total, though.
- Location: We’ll literally go the distance to install the dance floor of your dreams. However, location and ease of install at your venue do impact the cost of your dance floor.
When to use
A custom wedding dance floor doesn’t just look amazing, it can also solve some logistical problems for your venue. (We love it when form meets function!)
- Create a designated dance area: One of the cornerstones of event planning is to clearly designate spaces for use. Not all venues shout “dance here!” With a custom floor, however, your guests will know where to get their groove on.
- Add ambiance: Maybe your first (and second) choice venues weren’t available. Maybe you had to make some familial compromises on location. Whatever the reason, if your venue doesn’t thrill you, a custom wedding dance floor can create ambiance even in a less-than-ideal space.
- Make a space danceable! Outdoor weddings are lovely, but not everyone is keen to take off their shoes to dance in the grass. A wedding dance floor provides a stable, danceable surface underneath the stars.
There are as many ways to design a custom wedding floor as there are ways to plan a wedding! When brainstorming for ideas, consider incorporating the following elements:
- Wedding theme
- Coordinating colors
- Floral or natural motifs
- Cultural heritage designs
- Shared passions
- Honeymoon location
Ready to create an unforgettable wedding dance floor? Our talented Shout team is here to help! Contact us