Want To Make The Most Money Possible Next Year? Try This!
Having the right tools makes any job easier. So why wait until 2018 to start thinking about what your salespeople need to hit be effective and hit their goals to bring in revenue? Figure out your sales collateral and marketing needs now for next year and set your team up for lead-closing success.
The bottom line
Marketing is an important part of any business, but at the end of the day those marketing dollars need to convert into actual sales.
Salespeople are invaluable to any organization especially for products with high cost or long selling cycles. Being able to walk potential customers through the buying process and showing them value along the way are necessary tools, so make sure they are armed and ready. So, what’s the best way to help your team turn a lead into a client? Give them the support they need NOW!
We live in a digital age. And that’s exactly why having printed materials will help your sales team stand out. Having something in your hands allows them to create an impression with a potential buyer that goes beyond the impact any digital screen could have. For example:
- High-end, textured paper to give credibility and added value to a product or service
- High-gloss to add an impact in creative or tech industries
- Full color imprints to use images to showcase products
Ideas for sales collateral
Even the best salespeople can have a hard time selling without the right information to provide to leads. Give them the one-up they need with:
- Business cards
- Sales sheets
- Data sheets and charts
- Direct mail letters
- Variable data post cards individualized with recipients names
- Case studies
- White papers
Ways to create sales collateral that converts leads to new customers
One of biggest internal disconnects in companies today is the lack of conversation between the marketing and sales departments. Studies show that salespeople don’t even use 60-70% of the materials creating by marketing, which is a waste of budget dollars and time.
Before you send anything to print, these steps will help make sure you’re creating something your salespeople will actually use and
- Talk to your team. Salespeople know the pain points of their leads and what they care about most. Focus on addressing those needs in your sales materials to highlight why your company is the clear choice.
- Figure out a plan. What’s the plan of attack? Is there something your salespeople wish they had for nearly every client interaction? Something that can give them the mental edge and actual tipping point to close? Create a priority list and start checking off items to get your team set up for success.
- Show your team. Now that you have all these tools, don’t send them in a bulk email to your staff and expect them to get the true value. Sit them down and explain how each piece can be used. How they can follow up with what is being sent and how to connect the dots for more profitable sales. After getting their input prior to design, these tools will become ones they’re enthusiastic about putting to use. Win-win for everyone.
Just because you’re still calculating 2017 sales revenue doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be thinking about 2018. Waiting until first quarter to figure out how to reach your sales goals and get the most revenue possible is wasting valuable time where your company could be earning. Set your salespeople up for success next year by planning now for the right print collateral.
If you’re struggling with how to steer your sales team, look to a professional organization that can provide assistance. SHOUT is an organization that has worked closely with its clients to integrate tactical tools together while still being able to meet the needs of sales reps uphill challenges. Make it a great New Year…but start now, time is ticking!
Amanda Sexton is a contributing Editor for SHOUT, a 25 year old graphic and print solutions family-owned company located in Flemington, NJ that specializes in high-quality results for businesses, entertainment and events, and commercial services. Focused on providing products that support a broader goal for their customers, SHOUT’s team delivers projects with a personal touch throughout the entire process.